Welcome to MMU!
Being a freshman in a new university environment can be fun. You meet new people. Some become your close friends, some become casual friends and some you just hate the sight of them. You will of course accidentally merge into a clique, or if you are the alpha material, you will form a clique of your own. But all these social skills will be tested when it’s time to eat. Your meals have been taken care of by the ever-friendly OCs during your orientation week, but when you’re on your own?
Let’s face it. When you’re in a new environment with no prior ‘city’ experience, it can be quite challenging. You will need to make new choices and poorly made decisions can be costly. Like the infamous “WHERE TO EAT?” question.
1. Plaza Siswa Food Court
- Located above (PLAZA SISWA) ATM, Post-office, Convenience Store area.
- Open only during the weekdays, morning until 5pm.
- Malay, western and Arabic cuisines.
- Cheapest among the rest.
2. IXORA Food Court
3. MMU Corner
4. Sangeetha Curry House
- Located 20m from MMU's main gate, opposite Emerald Park Residence.
- Open from early morning until 4am.
- Indian restaurant.
- Semi-mamak experience.
- Okay-ish pricing.
- Located in the same row with Sangeetha's, opposite Emerald Park Residence.
- 24 hours!
- Best mamak experience nearest to MMU.
- Affordable pricing.
- Decent Nasi Lemak.
But of course, there are many others! There are plenty of cafes and roadside stalls in the vicinity.
We are sure you will discover them in time. Ask around!
If you would like to recommend some not-to-be-missed eateries, leave a comment below.