(Interview with SRC President, Mr. Jason Teo)
Lately, there have been plenty of statements thrown by students of MMU regarding the lack of holidays given for the upcoming Chinese New Year (CNY). Some students alleged that the SRC has not made any effort to propose additional days for CNY. However, on the official SRC Facebook Page, in one of the postings, SRC clarified and apologised for not being able to get more additional holidays and they stated the reasons behind the management’s decision briefly. Besides that, SRC will also be conducting a Town Hall session for and is scheduled to be on 24th January 2017.
Hence, an interview session between MMUES and Jason Teo was coordinated. The purpose of the interview was to:
- Retrieve 1st hand information on what was the initial proposition by SRC for CNY holidays.
- Find out who, how and when did SRC raised this concerns to the management.
- What were the feedback and response of the management with regard to SRC inquiries and suggestions?
- What were the countermeasures given by SRC and the problems they face?
- Additional comments from Jason Teo.
- As for this article, to give a clear picture for students to find out what exactly happened in the discussions in terms of how SRC represented us and what was the management’s response. Once students are aware of the true story behind this heated issue, then students can provide more constructive comments or suggestions to SRC during the Town Hall Session.