What is virtual love all about? Basically, virtual love is virtual by definition. Gosh! Does that mean my LOVE is so UNREAL? Chill guys. Don’t get the misnomer concept of it. Virtual love develops in cybernetic sphere. Oh yes, you got that right! The Internet. Before getting into some really cool tips that can sustain your love life, let me nag a little on the quantitative side of social media. The most trending social media is none other than Facebook with nearly 1,490 million active users as at August 2015 (Retrieved from: http://www.statista.com). It simply means you have a wide chance to find a date there.
The advantage of dating online is that it gives you selection of individuals to browse and gives you the capacity to test out. Unlike genuine one to one dating, which can be unpleasant and demanding, online dating is serene and gives you an opportunity to appropriately consider and adjust your reactions. You want to impress your date, do you? I believe that some of you could have found your partner through Facebook and some others might have experienced their worst nightmare by having this type of relationship. Let me share with you some tips that might be useful for you the next time you want to find a date online.
1. Check their background – Oh ya! This is very important. Just imagine how many of us may put false information on our profile online. You may never know what lies behind the beautiful profile picture that could have attracted you.
2. Don’t be easily fooled- Never put your full trust on the person you just met. You can never judge a person based on virtual media. It always sounds good at first, but when time flies, when you know the truth, it may hurt the most.
3. “Test Market’- Looks like a cool term right. On a serious note, never have expectations on this style of relationship. Just chatting with him/her with sweet words doesn’t determine the true value of the person.
4. Find mistakes- Ok. I know it may sound mean to just look for someone’s mistake. Everyone do make mistakes right. Become a private CID for a moment and ask him/her weird questions and see the response. “Crazy people” may know how to use technology too.
After knowing some useful tips on how to judge a person, now it’s time for you to analyze the partner you found on Facebook. You can actually read a person through the way they reply you.
2. Invalid reason- People who give this reason can’t take up responsibilities. They give dozens of reasons just to get rid of it. My suggestion is just let him/her go. No point la because “pisang tidak akan berbuah dua kali” (simply means you must remember not to repeat similar mistakes).
3. Want to meet us- Many of us think “oh ya, finally I’m gonna see him.” We get excited about it. Bring a friend along with you. Just as a precaution to ensure you would be safe. You may never know what intention him/her may bring and there are high chances you could be a victim of rape or kidnapping.
By Vich Lin